Monday, January 21, 2008

Ride Team MEBRNASTSH

Riding with Team MEBRNASTSH (Melanie/Brian/Nancy/Steve/Sheryl) can be a little bit of a mishap sometimes. We had planned to ride a 40 mile route at a specific time (8:30 am), but mother nature decided otherwise. The weather forcasted for a 50 percent chance of rain. Some members of this group are all terrain riders, while others prefer to be in dry conditions. I have learned through my journey that if a person were to improve their riding skills, rain should be the least of importance. Thus, I informed the ride coordinator, Brian, that I would ride with the group. In return, he informed me that he would call me the following morning to see if anybody would attend. Regardless of the situation, I was ready to ride.

The next morning, I get a call from Brian, who also happened to be my alarm clock for the day (Thanks BB for waking me up!), that the rest of the group will be riding according to the schedule. I told them that I would be late because of the commute. As I reached the destination, he told me to meet the team at a location where we train with our Team in Training Teammates as the group began to ride. Oddly enough, as I landed to the proposed site, I decided to head at one of their rest stops, which was less than 2 miles away and informed Brian. He told me that the other riders were in disarray. Sheryl, Nancy, Steve, Brian, and myself were at one place or another. Nancy and Sheryl, who were riding together, chose to turn around where they had originally stopped. Finally I met Steve and Brian at a familiar intersection not far from our training site. Thus, we rode as the Three Amigos.

Nevertheless, mother nature didn't take its course. The weather was mildly cold, perfect for the avid cyclist. Overall, I managed to do a 34 mile ride, counting the missed routes, instead of the proposed 40. My average speed was at about 15 miles per hour with a climbing rate of 8. With very little terrain, I finished the ride within 3 and a half hours.

Until next time... Happy Riding!

No comments: