Friday, February 1, 2008

General Training

Life and its problems can interfere with training for a sports endurance event. An athlete has work, school, and family commitments they must abide. However, if one person does not follow the regiment, their once energetic physique becomes an evergrowing layer of excess skin and fat. As a result, fatigue takes its toll and the lack of concentration is lost.

When I decided to commit to do a century/double century ride, I convinced myself to at least one hour a day of self-imposed training which includes weights, sprints, spin classes, and mileage on the bike. I thought of this idea while doing a 15 mile ride along the Kings County Roads. Albeit, with the sunshining on my face, it felt really good to be on the bike. An hour on the bike, counteracts to two years added to your life.

For the record Mr. G. I rode 15 miles for a little over an hour while doing sprints. My average speed was about 16 mph...

2 comments:

John Gebhardt said...

no wonder you don't get any comments, the requirements to get in are a real pain in the buttocks.
John

John Gebhardt said...

so, way to go girl &

Ride On!