Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Best Shape

A few years ago, I was an overweight depressed individual. Life seemed meaningless. I had terminated a relationship with a man who could have been my Mr. Right. I did not care about people. To ease my frustration, I sought food as my source of comfort. I lacked exercise and self-esteem. I wanted to die.

It wasn't until a few months later that I wanted to make a change. Therefore, I joined a local fitness center and began exercising. I signed up with a personal trainer who was able to teach me proper strength techniques as well as nutrition. In addition, I enrolled in a few group exercise classes offered at the gym. Furthermore, I met a few sports endurance athletes who encouraged me to cycle with them. Through it all, I was able to lose a significant amount of weight and regain my self confidence.

Within a span of 4 years, I went from overweight to athletic. Also, I have endured the pain of training for several sports endurance events (5 centuries, soon-to-be 3 triathlons, and soon-to-be half marathon). Along the way, I have developed many friendships. I am a happier person. Needless to say, I am in the best shape of my life.

No comments: