Sunday, October 19, 2008

Valley Girls Ride


Alright, I may be training for my first half-marathon, but I have to go back to my first love- bike riding. The third annual Valley Girls Ride was located in Fresno, California in honor of Marsha Sorenson, a Team in Training Alumna, who died in 2005. All of the proceeds earned will go to local charities.

This is my second time competing in the event. Albeit, it was bitter sweet. A dear friend of mine decided to ride with me after a week of enduring stress. And what a great way to vent our frustrations! Thus, we completed a 65 mile ride in about six hours with very little terrain.

Out of the many courses that I have ridden, this is my favorite ride. It's fun to see people in their costumes (especially men in drag) for a good cause. I plan to ride the VGR next year as it will be bigger and better.

No comments: