Friday, December 5, 2008

The Real Slim Shady


It has been two days since I last took my finals. Now, I am back to my regular exercise routine of 1 hour swim, 1 hour treadmill, and 1 hour weights with an occasional spin class a few days a week. This time of year is when I lose weight rather than gain. For the record, I have lost 3.5 pounds. Most people are jealous towards my holiday success.

Here's the key. Think of the holiday season as a buffet restaurant. You have all these food choices to fill up your plate. Then you take the first bite and savor it. Twenty minutes later, your brain tells you to stop, but you decide to continue. Well, listen to your brain!! If not, head to the gym the next day. Otherwise, you will gain those unwanted 10 holiday pounds. If you follow my rule, then you will be a "Real Slim Shady."

No comments: