Friday, January 2, 2009

Riding in 38 Degree Weather


The weather can be deviating to an athlete. While riding in sub-38 degree temperature this morning with a friend, I was already experiencing numb fingers and toes. I didn't have toe covers or a set of decent gloves to keep me warm. The gloves were worn out after many miles. All I had were tights and a long sleeve jersey I received last Christmas as a gift from my sister. If only I had the proper equipment with the gentlemen shown on the picture things would be different.


After 2 hours of riding, I decided to head to my local bike shop and purchase a set of Toe Warmers and gloves. Hopefully they will help me with my ride tomorrow.

1 comment:

2tiretracks said...

Keep it up, Mel! I really do find that with the proper attire, one can hop on the bike any ol' time around here. It doesn't get *too* cold.