Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Unofficial To-Do List Before 35

For the past 30 years, I have conquered many obstacles such as earning two collegiate degrees, completing pool triathlons, one half-marathon, and five century bike rides. Who would have known that I would have completed all of these events by the age of 35. With this in mind, I have set some goals that I would like to achieve before I reach the big 3-5:

1. Obtain a nursing degree. It has taken me 30 years to figure out what I want to do for the rest of my life. It has been a lifelong dream to work in the medical profession. I have always had the patientce to help others in need. Therefore, I feel that nursing is my true calling.

2. Ford Ironman- After completing my first triathlon, I had my eyes set on doing an Ironman, the mecca of triathlon, preferrably in a lake setting (i.e. Ironman 70.3 California, Ironman Louisville, and Ironman Coure d Ilene to name a few) If completed, i will be one of 10 percent of the world's population to ever cross the finish line. Remember, I will NOT participate in a triathlon in shark-infested waters (a.k.a. ocean).

3. A double century ride (200 miles)- I got the bike "bug" a few years ago when I attended a spin class at a local fitness center. From there, I met a few cyclists and rode with them. It wasn't until I joined Team in Training where I learned the fundamentals and mechanics of cyclist. I was immediately hooked to the sport after I crossed the finish line at my first century ride in Lake Tahoe. Afterwords, I was hungry for more. So I decided to train for a double century.

Fast forward to this present time. I have been putting this one on hold. For the past year and a half, I have had too many distractions! I work, go to school, exercise, and have friends and families to attend. However, I will squeeze #3 into my schedule somehow -- NO EXCUSES!!

4. Obtain a group fitness instructor and personal training certification- See #1.

5. BE HAPPY!

No comments: