Sunday, May 17, 2009

Emergency Run 10K

With the temperature vastly approaching 100 degrees, I survived a 10K run on an unmarked course (I'll save my reservations until later). I finished in over an hour and received a third place finish under my age division. It's the fastest run that I've ever done. Yippee!!

Back to the route, there unsupported aid stations and road markings. Many of the participants, including myself, were lost. Similar to what I had experienced in the Cycle 4 Central ride, I had to ask one of the race volunteers for a map. In the end, I was able to complete the course with medal in tow.

Will I do this run again next year? May be. It will depend on how vast improvement the coordinators make. If this trend continues, then I will do other events within the surrounding areas.

Until next time......