Friday, December 30, 2011

Keys for a Successful 2012

With 2011 vastly coming to an end, I have decided to create a list of what to do for 2012:

1. Eliminate the negative- I come from a close-knit family, which includes my immediate 4, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, and nephews where everybody is positive, religious, and supportive amongst one's decisions. Bringing a negative person to this mix creates an unhealthy conflict.

2. Save money- Need I say more???

3. Spend time with family/friends- They are your backbone. They define and mold you to the person you have become. Communicate with them via social networking, Skype, chat online, have lunch with them for an hour, or spend the whole day with them at least once a week. Trust me, the time you spend with them is valuable.

4. Do something out of the ordinary- Other than my usual triathlons, marathons, and cycling events, I participated in several Zumba events. In 2011, I saw New Kids on the Block, participated in a Zumba Master's Class with the beautiful Gina Grant. If a celebrity were to come to your area, go for it!!! Go to a rock concert (I've already been to 8) and meet a celebrity. There are many regrets that I have made in my life, including not seeing Janet Jackson live.

5. Broaden your network of friends- They will be your growing support system. I have endurance and gym friends, Meetup, and now Zumba friends!!!

There are many things in store for everybody in 2012. I hope it will be a great one!!!

No comments: